Friday, November 28, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Post - The Pinot Noir Wins!

Thanksgiving is over. We had a great time eating and drinking. The turkey dinner prepared by Mary was sumptuous. My brother James came over with my wife's brother's family, Manny, Laurinda, Mike and Matt, our grandson Jonathan was with us, in addition to our two sons Dave and Chris with Dave's finance, Angela, and Chris' girlfriend Danielle. We finished off six bottles of wine: an Argentinian Pulenta Malbec, an Australian Rosemount Shiraz, a California Zin, an Italian Barabara D'Asti dry red, a Pinot Grigio, and a Benton Lane Pinot Noir. We did some serious damage to a German Gewürztraminer, and a fabulous 1989 Urziger Wurzarten Riesling Auslese (thanks Eric).

The winner was by far the Benton Lane 2006 Pinot Noir. I was a tad surprised at the overwhelming positive response everyone had to the Pinot Noir. My brother James was effusive about the merits of the Pinot in context of dinner as was my wife and sister-in-law. I had doubts because Pinot is a delicate red that some people find wanting. I was overjoyed to see how well the Pinot was accepted and enjoyed. It was a perfect compliment to the turkey dinner.

Today we are all in our pajamas and reminiscing about a day well spent.

Bob